Wednesday, January 26, 2011

first day of travel

Today started somewhat slow but, like any day of traveling, got hectic in a hurry. I finished packing all my bags, double checked my flights, and made sure I had all forms of identification in a safe, easily accessible place. By this time I was informed we had to leave for the airport.

My mother and I, picked up some jimmy johns and took the short trip to AZO (Kalamazoo's airport). We sat and chatted for a few, mostly about how neither of us could believe I was leaving the country for five months, a joke or two to ease the tension, and some old memories.

When the time came, we said our goodbyes and took a few farewell photos. No tears were shed, there were no regrets, simply the mix of anxiety, excitement, and fear that both of us would soon be experiencing.

I walked into the terminal and saw my mother waving from the other side like I did on my first day of school. It dawned upon that this is really happening. I'm actually going to be a foreigner living in someone else's country, abiding by their rules. Whoa
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment